The HON Company promises to repair or replace any HON Brand product or component that is defective in material or workmanship for as long as you, the original purchaser, own it. This is your sole and exclusive remedy. This warranty is subject to the limitations, exclusions and other provisions below. It applies to product manufactured after October 1, 2008.
Note: Pneumatic cylinders on seating are included under the HON Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Clarification: The ilira®-stretch back is not considered to be fabric but a structural component of the F3™ Work Chair Model FWCM and, since its inception in October 2007, is included under the HON Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Limitations involving particular product lines, materials and components:
The particular product lines, materials and components listed below are covered according to the following schedule from the date of sale:
- Twelve Years – Wood seating and electrical components (lamps and ballasts are not covered).
- Ten Years – Laminates, seating controls, all components of Accomplish® Series (including chair desks, student desks, student chairs and student desk accessories), SmartLink™ Student Desk, Proficiency®, and all components of Cafeteria Tables.
- Five Years – Glides, casters and polymer‑based components, stacking chairs, folding chairs, ETA storage cabinets, user‑adjustable worksurface mechanisms, panel and seating upholstery fabrics, foam, veneer finishes and other covering materials, track file track and rollers, projection screens and projection screen accessories.
This warranty does not apply and no other warranty applies to:
- Normal wear and tear, which are to be expected over the course of ownership.
- Damage caused by the carrier in‑transit, which will be handled under separate terms.
- Modifications or attachments to the product that are not approved by The HON Company.
- Products that were not installed, used or maintained in accordance with product instructions and warnings.
- Products used for rental purposes.
Normal commercial usage for seating is defined as the equivalent of a single shift, forty (40)-hour workweek. To the extent that a seating product is used in a manner exceeding this, the applicable warranty period will be reduced in a pro‑rata manner (except for models 7604, 7624, 7734, 7754 and 3500 Series Intensive Use chairs, which are warranted for multiple shifts).
Versant® Tandem Seating models are warranted for multiple shifts and carry a 350-pound rating (350 pounds per seat for models with more than one seat). Versant Bariatric models HCB50 and HR50, are warranted with a 500-pound rating.
A word about color variations, fabrics and finishes:
Some natural variations occurring in wood, leather or other natural materials are inherent to their character, and cannot be avoided. Therefore, they are not considered defects. The HON Company does not warrant the color‑fastness or matching of colors, grains or textures of such materials. Customer’s Own Materials (COM) selected by and used at the request of a user are not warranted.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, THE HON COMPANY MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE HON COMPANY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES.
Notice to purchasers for home or personal use:
Federal law does not permit the exclusion of certain implied warranties for consumer products. Therefore, if you are purchasing this product for home or personal use, the exclusion of implied warranties noted in the above paragraph does not apply to you. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
This warranty applies only to products sold within the United States of America and the Commonwealth of Canada.
To obtain service under this warranty:
Your HON Dealer is our mutual partner in supporting your warranty requests. By following the procedures outlined below, you can be assured of the best level of service.
- Contact the Dealer from whom the product was purchased within 30 days of discovery of the defect. Be prepared to affirm you are the original purchaser of the product and to provide the serial number(s) from the product in question.
- Your Dealer will gather all pertinent information regarding the claim, inspect the product and contact a HON Company customer service representative. (Please allow a reasonable amount of time for inspection and review.)
- If The HON Company affirms that the product in question is eligible under the conditions of the warranty as stated above, the customer service representative or another representative of the Company will determine whether to provide replacement parts, authorize repairs or replace the product.