- 0 Comment(s)
If you’ve been in the workplace long enough, I’m sure many of you are aware the impact that the sit to stand trend is having on the way we work. You may have heard that, “Sitting is the new smoking”. I think it's a bit of a stretch to equate sitting at your desk, to stepping outside for a smoke. But, the point is we now know that sitting all day can be detrimental to your health. So, more and more people are getting out of there seats and standing at the office.
That said, here’s an Article from Runners World, stating that standing all day is twice as bad for your heart than sitting! So what do we do? Here's a simple suggestion: Try to stand up for about 20 minutes for every 40 minutes you sit. Say, sit for 20, then stand for 10. You get the idea. It's whatever works for you, as long as you don't just sit there all day!
Unfortunately, it just isn’t that easy for everyone. Personal ailments, injury and let’s face it, old age, can affect our abilities and comfort level at work. With that in mind, I want to introduce to you, Wellness By Design seating, from Lorell.
Here is just one example of these oh so comfortable chairs. This one features controls mounted on the arms. No more bending over or fumbling around for knobs to adjust your seat. They're right there at your fingertips!
Check out these Features:
- Approved by the American Chiropractic Association.
- Lumbar Accu-pressure promotes increased circulation.
- Accucel technology provides targeted comfort and support.
- Dense, EVA convoluted foam in the lower back area features a durable open-mesh covering.
- Luxurious, black bonded leather upholstery provides a sleek look.
- Functions include pneumatic seat-height adjustment from 20-1/2" to 24-1/4", tilt (from 102 to 119 degrees) and tilt lock.
- Arm-integrated fingertip controls allow easier seat height and tilt lock adjustment.
- 26" five-star nylon base is equipped with 1-24/25" diameter dual-wheel casters for easy chair movement.
- Seat measures 21" wide x 18-1/2" deep x 6-1/2" thick.
- Back size is 24-1/4" wide x 27-1/4" high x 6-1/4" thick. Executive chair meets or exceeds BIFMA standards.
- Weight capacity is 275 lb.
Whether your dealing with a back injury or that you're now in your 50's, the Wellness by Design series could be the answer to a healthier, happier you at the end of the work day. Give us a call and let us tell you all about them. We'd love to help!
EOD Furniture Guy/Blogger/...in my 50's