You need a footrest!
So, you have a brand new chair looking sweet, making your back feel so much better. Maybe you recently started standing up at your new sit-to-stand workstation, to be healthier by not sitting all day. Did you happen to think about a new footrest? If not, you should. They really can make a difference in your health and comfort.
Here is an article on the Top 5 Reasons Why You Need a Footrest . Basically, they lift your feet off the floor and reduce pressure on your legs, to allow you to sit more comfortably. They help increase blood flow, which is always good. I’ve read the angle of your feet can help relieve pressure on your knees.
There are lots of choices in footrest, so I’m gonna highlight a few below. You’ll notice they range from plain Jane to adjustable, some with heat and some with rollers for a massage! Let’s take a look:
- Footrest is ergonomically designed to reduce muscle strain and fatigue
- Design allows height adjustment
- Footrest features a rubber surface with nonskid grip
- Overall dimensions: 17-3/4" W x 14" D x 3-3/4" H; Black
- Works as a footrest or provides freestanding climate control
- Fan lets you adjust work space airflow to suit your preference; cool fan, low heat and high heat
- Auto-off feature turns unit off after 8 hours of use to prevent overheating
- Economical - requires only 250 watts/2.1 amps to run; ETL approved
- Overall dimensions: 16-1/2"W x 10"D x 5-1/2"H; Black
- Ergonomic design to support your legs
- 3-level, adjustable height; adjusts from 4" to 6-1/2"
- Simple foot action adjusts tilt smoothly and quietly
- Platform rollers and surface bumps massage feet and improve circulation
- Overall dimensions: 18" W x 13" D x 4" H; Black
Professional Series Independent Foot Support
- Enhances your personal comfort while sitting at your desk
- Dual platforms with independent motion encourages lower leg movement to help reduce fatigue
- Each platform locks or tilts freely up to 22° for maximum health benefit
- Surface massage bumps help relieve work-related stress
With that little selection above, you get the idea that it shouldn’t be difficult to find the perfect rest for you. There is bound to be one to give you happy feet and a healthier way to work at your desk.
Thanks and see you next week!
EOD Furniture Guy/Blogger
- Todd Taylor